Thursday, December 27, 2007

Philip Rivers and his Mouth of Trash


Let's be completely honest. Who in the viewing audience thought that it was appropriate for Mr. Rivers to be talking trash to Jay Cutler? I contend that even the strongest Rivers' supporters (his family) were aghast with horror when they saw him jabbering at the Broncos' QB. What has Rivers ever done to be justified for this type of behavior. To me he looks like a rich man's Sam Keller with his shot put release. He is playing with one of the greatest running backs in the history of the NFL in L.T., and has above average talent all over the field when he is behind center. However, I have never gotten the feeling that he is anything but an average QB. Some will say that this is an idiotic opinion because he has led his team to back-to-back solid regular seasons. Despite the fact that the Chargers have been anything but consistent this season, they are still in position to finish 11-5 and champions of the AFC West. I feel that the Chargers are in the position that they are in not because of River's play, but in spite of it. I have watched a great deal of NFL games this year, including many including the Chargers, and I have yet to be impressed with Mr. Rivers. He seems to only be able to make strong throws when his receivers are wide open or make great catches. I never get the feeling that the Chargers are moving the ball because of Philip. This is directly counter to the feeling that I get when I watch the best QB's play. In conlusion, I simply ask Mr. Rivers to shut the hell up.

No comments: